Why choose Tam Training?
- We are the only company in industry that works around your WORK needs or your BUSINESS needs!! We save you Time and Money!!
- You work full-time job and cannot always afford the time off work to complete an important Training course that will progress your career such as the SMSTS course. Or you are in charge of the staff rota and you can’t afford to lose an important employee for 5 days as you have project deadlines or no employee cover – That’s why we offer Weekend so YOU have minimum disruption to your schedule!
- The Cost of all our training courses are priced very competitively – please see course timetable below for latest prices and offers for the SMSTS courses in London.
- Our Trainers have a combined 35 year’s experience delivering Construction related Training – that’s how we generate complete satisfaction for our customers!!
- Instant Results!! Pass confirmation letter given to you on last day of course.
- NO hidden charges, everything including certification is included in the price we publish.
- We do not cancel any courses. All our scheduled courses always HAPPEN!!
How Can the SMSTS Course Help me?
The CITB Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course is aimed at construction operatives who already have, or are about to acquire, site management responsibilities.
The SMSTS Training qualification gives current and new managers an understanding of planning, organizing, monitoring, controlling and administering construction safety.
This SMSTS Course is run from our Training Centre in London and other venues nationwide. It will focus as how to communicate effectively with your team in a positive way so that all team members will follow safe procedures. See new skills tab for what you will learn on the SMSTS course. The qualification will last for 5 years.
SMSTS Course Tutors
Our SMSTS course tutors are qualified and experienced health and safety professionals, with extensive experience in Construction and Risk Management.
All our Trainers hold numerous appropriate health and safety qualifications such as the NEBOSH General Certificate, and the NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety which is the leading Health & Safety Award in the Construction Industry.
Additionally all our Trainers hold teaching qualifications which is a minimum Level 5 which is well above the required industry standard to ensure that we deliver Training of the highest Standard.
What new skills will you achieve?
While on the course, new site managers will gain an understanding of:
- Able to manage health and safety on site, in accordance with current law within the context of your management role
- Understand your duties regarding legal, moral and social and welfare obligations
- Demonstrate awareness that a safe site is economical, productive and efficient
- Implement health and safety, environmental and welfare legislation relevant to a construction site
- Understand and know how to implement new guidance and best practice
- Prepare risk assessments and method statements
By the end of the course, new site managers will be able to:
- understand how health and safety law is structured and how it applies to Site Managers
- identify how your management role fits in with the overall management structure in controlling site safely
- carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
- carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- monitor site activities effectively
- understand the problems of the industry
- understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified
Is this course accredited?
Yes it is accredited by the CITB which stands for the Construction Industry Training Board for short.
Are there any prerequisites for the Course?
There are no prerequisites for the course but all delegates are expected to already have a valid CSCS card.
What are the hours of the course?
The hours are 9am to 5.30pm for both weekend and weekday courses approximately.
Can I come in and see you face to face as that would give me peace of mind?
Yes absolutely we encourage our customers to have a face to face discussion with us regarding their training course and training needs. This puts your mind at ease so you know you are dealing with real people and a real business that will give you the best service possible It will also give you the opportunity to meet some staff members or even your trainer if they are not delivering training at the time of your visit.
What if I don’t have time to visit and have a face to face meeting before the Training dates?
We understand that everyone does not have time to do this so the next best thing is to have a discussion of whatever questions, queries, or concerns you have with one of our training course administrators.
What is your cancellation policy for your Training courses?
The cancellation can be from the Customer meaning “you” or ourselves “Tam Training”.
Tam Training Cancellation
We have a promise that we will NOT cancel any of our scheduled courses. If however the course is cancelled due to uncontrollable events, such as tube strikes or an act of GOD we promise every customer a full refund or discounted price course transfer that’s suits their schedule.
TAM Training has the most flexible cancellation policy in the whole industry. You will not see a Training company that caters for customer cancellations. We do not charge you unfair cancellation fees due to no fault of your own or due to unforeseen circumstances that you cannot attend the Training course.
You can cancel by phone or email or even in person should you wish too. The policy is:
You give us 3 days or more notice of not being able to attend before course start date we shall REFUND 100% of the fees paid or full deposit will be refunded no questions asked. Yes that’s just 3 days. Most companies will not refund you a single penny if your cancellation notice period is not 7 days before the course is scheduled.
You give us 2 day’s notice of not being able to attend before course start date: 50% cancellation fee will be charged OR re-book yourself on alternative date and no cancellation fee will be applied. No other training company as far as we know offers this option.
You give us 1 day’s notice of not being to attend before course start date: 80% cancellation fee will be applied or re-book yourself on alternative date, no cancellation fee will be applied. Again no other training company offers this much flexibility.
No notice given – fail to attend on day of course 100% cancellation charge will be levied. Should non-attendance be due to an unforeseen emergency, and adequate evidence is supplied, TAM Training will endeavor to show discretion and offer alternative course dates or even full refund.
Note: A minimum of £100 is take to book any Training course with TAM Training OR if the total cost of the course is less than £100 then full payment has to be made prior to the course.
Payments can be made in person, or by telephone or by bank transfer.