Why choose Tam Training?
- We are the only company in industry that works around your WORK needs or your BUSINESS needs!! We save you Time and Money!!
- You work full-time job and cannot always afford the time off work to complete an important Training course that will progress your career such as the SMSTS. Or you are in charge of the staff rota and you can’t afford to lose an important employee for 2 days as you have project deadlines or no employee cover – That’s why we offer Weekend and Evening Courses so YOU have minimum disruption to your schedule personally or professionally.
- The Cost of all our CITB Training course are priced very competitively – please see course timetable below for latest prices and offers for the SMSTS refresher course.
- Our Trainers have a combined 35 year’s experience delivering Construction related Training – that’s how we generate complete satisfaction for our customers!!
- Instant Results!! Pass confirmation letter given to you on last day of course.
- We do not cancel any courses. All our scheduled courses always HAPPEN!!
How Can the SMSTS Refresher Course Help me?
The SMSTS refresher training course is aimed at project managers, site managers and anyone with construction site management responsibility who currently holds an SMSTS certificate and wishes to renew for another 5 years. Client-based personnel would also benefit from attending the course.
Possession of this qualification is listed in the Approved Code of Practice for the Construction (Design and Management) (CDM) Regulations as a demonstration of competence in the role of site manager.
This SMSTS Refresher Course is run from our Training Centre in London and other venues nationwide. The qualification will last for a further 5 years.
SMSTS Course Tutors
Our SMSTS Refresher Course tutors are qualified and experienced health and safety professionals, with extensive experience in Construction and Risk Management.
All our Trainers hold numerous appropriate health and safety qualifications such as the NEBOSH General Certificate, and the NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety which is the leading Health & Safety Award in the Construction Industry.
Additionally all our Trainers hold teaching qualifications which is a minimum Level 5 which is well above the required industry standard to ensure that we deliver Training of the highest Standard.
What new skills will you achieve?
While on the SMSTS Refresher Training course, current site managers will gain an understanding of:
- Appreciate recent developments in construction legislation accident causes, costs and reasons for prevention
- Understand and know how to implement new guidance and best practice.
- Be aware of and understand the current focus of HSE’s attention.
- Understand the legal system, relevant legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, Guidance Notes Codes of Practice and Case Law
- Conduct risk assessments
- Monitor health and safety performance
- Understand best practice in the management of sub-contractors
- Disseminate information to operatives and sub-contractors
Are Course Materials Provided?
Yes, all books and course materials are provided during the training period and for you to take away and keep for your reference. Please be aware not all Training companies provide course materials as part of their advertised price. Please check that there is no extra charge levied to you for course materials.
Is this course accredited?
Yes it is accredited by the CITB which stands for the Construction Industry Training Board for short.
Are there any prerequisites for the Course?
Yes you must have a valid in-date SMSTS qualification done within the last 5 years. We can check with CITB all the CITB qualifications you hold should you not be able to locate your original SMSTS certificate.
What are the hours of the course?
The hours are 9am to 5pm for both weekend and weekday courses approximately.
Can I come in and see you face to face as that would give me peace of mind?
Yes absolutely we encourage our customers to have a face to face discussion with us regarding their training course and training needs. This puts your mind at ease so you know you are dealing with real people and a real business that will give you the best service possible It will also give you the opportunity to meet some staff members or even your trainer if they are not delivering training at the time of your visit.
What if I don’t have time to visit and have a face to face meeting before the Training dates?
We understand that everyone does not have time to do this so the next best thing is to have a discussion of whatever questions, queries, or concerns you have with one of our training course administrators.
What is your cancellation policy for your Training courses?
The cancellation can be from the Customer meaning “you” or ourselves “Tam Training”.
Tam Training Cancellation
We have a promise that we will NOT cancel any of our scheduled courses. If however the course is cancelled due to uncontrollable events, such as tube strikes or an act of GOD we promise every customer a full refund or discounted price course transfer that’s suits their schedule.
TAM Training has the most flexible cancellation policy in the whole industry. You will not see a Training company that caters for customer cancellations. We do not charge you unfair cancellation fees due to no fault of your own or due to unforeseen circumstances that you cannot attend the Training course.
You can cancel by phone or email or even in person should you wish too. The policy is:
You give us 3 days or more notice of not being able to attend before course start date we shall REFUND 100% of the fees paid or full deposit will be refunded no questions asked. Yes that’s just 3 days. Most companies will not refund you a single penny if your cancellation notice period is not 7 days before the course is scheduled.
You give us 2 day’s notice of not being able to attend before course start date: 50% cancellation fee will be charged OR re-book yourself on alternative date and no cancellation fee will be applied. No other training company as far as we know offers this option.
You give us 1 day’s notice of not being to attend before course start date: 80% cancellation fee will be applied or re-book yourself on alternative date, no cancellation fee will be applied. Again no other training company offers this much flexibility.
No notice given – fail to attend on day of course 100% cancellation charge will be levied. Should non-attendance be due to an unforeseen emergency, and adequate evidence is supplied, TAM Training will endeavor to show discretion and offer alternative course dates or even full refund.
Note: A minimum of £100 is take to book any Training course with TAM Training OR if the total cost of the course is less than £100 then full payment has to be made prior to the course.
Payments can be made in person, or by telephone or by bank transfer.